‘How to Sit’ a meditation series
In Yoga and Meditation the phrase ‘to sit’ means to take a seat to meditate. We will use Thich Nhat Hanh’s, one of the best known Zen teachers in the world today, book ‘How to Sit’ as our guide for this series.
- Use the ‘How to Sit’ book
- Learn how to sit comfortably
- What to expect when you meditate
- Learn different meditation tools and techniques
- Practice meditation with the group
- Be given guidelines to develop your personal meditation practice
Why meditate: The growing list of reasons and research why we should meditate
- Reduces stress
- Controls anxiety
- Decreased loss of brain gray matter with age
- Promotes emotional health
- Enhances self-awareness
- Lengthens attention spay
- May reduce age related memory loss
- Can generate kindness
- May help fight addictions
- Improves sleep
- Helps control pain
- Can decrease blood pressure
- Creates a feeling of well-being
Dates: April 2 – May 7, six classes
When: 5:45 – 6:45 pm, weekly on Thursdays for six weeks
Where: Virtual zoom platform
Price: $75.00 Register NOW!
Instructor: Lynda Kennedy, E-RYT, YACEP, RYS, Kinesiologist, BS Clinical Psychology, 2 Yrs Nursing, 10,000+ hours of teaching experience.
- Please pre-registration and order your book “How to Sit” by Thich Nhat Hanh about $6.00 on Amazon.
- Dress comfortably
- Bring a journal
- Have blanket, pillows, perhaps an upright chair to prepare to sit.